The library’s bookstore is staffed by volunteers, officially known as the Advocates of McAllen Public Library. If you are interested in volunteering at the library, please visit the City of McAllen Human Resources Office to fill out a Volunteer Application. The Human Resources office is located inside City Hall at 1300 Houston Avenue and can be reached at (956) 681-3111.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Saturday
1:00PM to 5:00PM
- Donations must be neatly packed in standard cardboard boxes weighing no more than 30 pounds. Donations delivered in bags or other containers will not be accepted.
who wish to donate more than four boxes of donations are strongly urged
to make an appointment with bookstore staff, Monday through Saturday,
- Donations of more than four boxes must
be received through the library’s loading dock and will be received
Monday through Friday, 9:00am-11:30am and 1:00pm-5:00pm.
the donor wishes, bookstore staff will provide a receipt for tax
purposes. The receipt form will state the number of donated items.
Neither bookstore nor library staff can assign a value to any materials
Coffee Table Art Books
Price as marked
Adult Hardback Books
Adult Paperback Books
Hardback Kid's Books
Paperback Kid's Books
Volunteering gives you an opportunity to change people’s lives, including your own! McAllen Public Library has volunteer opportunities for adults and teens (16 years or older). Examples of possible volunteer opportunities include:
- Work in the library bookstore
- Be involved in the McAllen Book Festival
- Lend a hand with Genealogy
- Read to Seniors in Assisted Living Environments
- Shelve library materials in proper order
- Teach a craft class
- Assist with library programs & events, such as the Summer Reading Program
- Help process materials, such as cleaning DVDs and CDs
- Help bring McAllen Public Library to the community
Volunteering is a great way to give back to the community. If you’re interested in volunteering at the library, please visit the City of McAllen Human Resources Office to fill out a Volunteer Application. The Human Resources office is located inside City Hall at 1300 Houston Avenue and can be reached at (956) 681-3111.