MPL welcomes visitors interested in gaining a broad overview of the many services, resources, and events the library has to offer. Tours are available free of charge, upon making a request at one of our library branches. Please keep in mind:
• Submitted requests are for a tour of the Main Library, 4001 N. 23rd St., McAllen. For tours of the Lark and Palm View Branch Libraries, please contact them directly.
• Tour requests must be submitted at least one week in advance. Availability of your requested date and time will depend on other tours scheduled for that day.
• All tour requests are subject to staff availability.
• Teachers, please obtain permission from your principal before confirming a tour date with the library.
• Tour group sizes are limited to 30 people for Children’s Department tours, 20 people for Teen Department tours and 20 people for adult tours. Limits include teachers, parents and other chaperones.
• You will receive a phone call from a library staff member to approve and confirm the date, time, and size of your tour.
• Please review the following documents before completing a tour request: Children's Tour Guidelines
Take a virtual tour of our library branches and explore them for yourself!
View online: Virtual Tours