COMMUNITY HEALTH FAIR
It's time to get healthy with our Second Annual Community Health Fair on Saturday, March 25th from 10:00AM–1:00PM at the Main Library on 23rd Street and Nolana Avenue. Attendees are invited to take advantage of free health screenings, local providers on site, informational stations, activities, and more.
Main Library - Meeting Center
4001 N. 23rd St.
McAllen, TX 78504
10:00AM-1:00PM in Outside Mall Area/ Meeting Rooms
• FREE Health Screenings: blood glucose, high blood pressure, BMI, hearing, visual, sonography, counseling, developmental screenings, dental hygiene
• FREE Children's Developmental Screenings by Easter Seals
• Families can enjoy inflatable slides, a craft activity, jump rope and hula hoops, a bubble dance-a-thon, and many more fun fitness activities for the whole family
• McAllen Farmers Market
• Community organizations
10:10-11:00AM in Children's Storytime Room
• Children's yoga by Yoga House RGV (Children Ages 5-11, one adult can accompany): Join Yoga House RGV in their Yoga class for children ages 5-11 years of age to experience getting fit through yoga. So dress comfortably and bring a towel or mat for the class.
10:10-11:30AM outside of Auditorium
• For Teens - Dance for Health Video Game
11:15-11:45AM in Children's Department
• Children's Storytime: David Norec, the author of 'The Adventures of Exo and Cy', is stopping by for a special storytime!
12:00-1:00PM in Auditorium
• Texas A&M Agrilife Extension presents Cooking with Spices & Herbs: Join MPL and Texas A&M Agrilife in their healthy cooking class to promote cooking with less sodium. We invite you to join in this free healthy cooking class led by Dr. Andrea Valdez.